Free Spirited Discussions!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Spirited Discussions!

This is a forum where free spirited individuals can have their say on a number of important topics related to the world, reality, and existences outside of it. Please remember to keep an open mind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Unsane CultureUnsane Culture  Persephone's GatewayPersephone's Gateway  The Spiritual CentreThe Spiritual Centre  Culture InternationalCulture International  Free Spirited Chat!Free Spirited Chat!  Herp UniverseHerp Universe  

Victory Gardening

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Clara Listensprechen
Youngling
Clara Listensprechen

Victory Gardening Empty
PostSubject: Victory Gardening   Victory Gardening EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 am

Mother Nature certainly isn't co-operating with spring planting this year. No problem setting the broccoli out in the garden patch, but have had to keep my squash and tomato seedlings indoors too long.

Anybody else here growing their own vegetables?

I for one am proud that the Obamas have started a garden at the White House!
Back to top Go down
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

Victory Gardening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victory Gardening   Victory Gardening EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:55 pm

I tried a carrot patch once and it didn't work out!! My garden floods way too easily!! What other vegetables are you growing? Sounds like loads of fun!
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Youngling
Clara Listensprechen

Victory Gardening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victory Gardening   Victory Gardening EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:11 am

Currently in the ground: parsnips, peas, radishes, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, scallions.

Carrots demand deep tilling or spading to be successful (kind of like parsnips). That, and even, consistant watering. Floods coupled with drought periods make them crack and taste weird. You might have better luck with those if you had a raised bed to plant them in. That way, poor drainage (flooding) wouldn't be an issue.
Back to top Go down
fiona123
Youngling

Victory Gardening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victory Gardening   Victory Gardening EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:52 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Victory Gardening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victory Gardening   Victory Gardening Empty

Back to top Go down

Victory Gardening
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free Spirited Discussions! :: Free Spirited Discussions :: Nature-
Jump to: