Free Spirited Discussions!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Spirited Discussions!

This is a forum where free spirited individuals can have their say on a number of important topics related to the world, reality, and existences outside of it. Please remember to keep an open mind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Unsane CultureUnsane Culture  Persephone's GatewayPersephone's Gateway  The Spiritual CentreThe Spiritual Centre  Culture InternationalCulture International  Free Spirited Chat!Free Spirited Chat!  Herp UniverseHerp Universe  

Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government Empty
PostSubject: Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government   Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:02 am

As many of you may have heard, Madonna has been trying to adopt a young girl from Malawi, apparently to keep her adopted son David Banda company. But as the media has blatently signalled, there may be an ethical issue here:

- Should celebrities be allowed to adopt children from developing countries?
- Do celebrities adopt children from developing countries to modify or enhance their image?
- Why should celebrities adopt a child from another continent when there are thousands waiting for homes in their own country?

Where do you stand on the issue?
Back to top Go down
voice
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government   Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 1:06 pm

i think celebrities do that for the image,

they are buying children as any would by a piece of jewelry
Back to top Go down
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government   Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:52 pm

I think there are two very basic arguments to this question:

a) she should have been allowed - the kid would may have had a better quality of life in a country where child trafficking and poverty are rife..

b) she shouldn't have been allowed and the verdict was right - we don't know why such celebrities desire the need for an African child so much.
Back to top Go down
its me
Youngling
its me

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government   Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:20 pm

just because shes a celeb doesnt mean she should be able to go to a poverty striken country and just pick up a child like you go to the shop and pick up a pint of milk. to me she does it for the status, not because she cares about these children or she would donate a huge lump sum of her billions to help them build schools, have fresh running water, clothes etc. i think they made the right choice turning her down
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Youngling
Clara Listensprechen

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government   Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Why does Madonna consider moving to Malawi not an option? This might be where she encounters a snag.
Back to top Go down
its me
Youngling
its me

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government   Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:06 am

i saw on the news yesterday that shes there or going there with her solicitor.
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Youngling
Clara Listensprechen

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government   Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:25 am

To solicit, no doubt. What she should do is permanently move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government   Discussion:  Madonna turned down by Malawi government Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Madonna turned down by Malawi government
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free Spirited Discussions! :: Global Issues :: Cultural Issues-
Jump to: