Free Spirited Discussions!

This is a forum where free spirited individuals can have their say on a number of important topics related to the world, reality, and existences outside of it. Please remember to keep an open mind!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Unsane CultureUnsane Culture  Persephone's GatewayPersephone's Gateway  The Spiritual CentreThe Spiritual Centre  Culture InternationalCulture International  Free Spirited Chat!Free Spirited Chat!  Herp UniverseHerp Universe  

Share | 

The afterlife...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freakshow
Admin

PostSubject: The afterlife...   Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:32 pm

The afterlife comes in many shapes/forms/guises if you take into account all the differing religious views/personal views/myths/legends etc

How do you see the afterlife? How does it relate to your religion or lifestyle as such?

This is a question posed to everyone, not just referring to religious people, even atheistic or agnostic views are welcome in this thread.

For me, I believe in the spirit world, a place where our souls drift towards, or get pulled into after our materiel bodies can no longer hold us ie; death. Maybe we sojourn in these lands in our sleep - dreams. Though we have no control over our dreams, that may be because we are still controlled by rules of matter as we are still contained within our bodies.

truthfully, we can probably offer little or no evidence regarding the truth of our beliefs, but that doesn't mean we can't share them with others. Whether there is, or isn't an after-life, death is something we will all experience sooner or later.

So, what are your ideas, thoughts, opinions, beliefs about the afterlife?

GeckoShinx
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: The afterlife...   Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:11 pm

I too believe in spirits that live beyond the lifetime of a body. I follow a lot of Islamic belief and one thing a Muslimah once told me was about my pets. As a person who has animals who are a huge part of their life, I have always had a firm belief that my pets would be in a better place once they had passed away. A muslimah told me that if I had a pet who I loved and cared for throughout his/her life, then the pet would look down on me and watch over me when they had passed away, bit like a guardian. It's almost animist! So I sort of believe that everything which has lived a ''physical'' life will always remain as a spirit if not anything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The afterlife...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free Spirited Discussions! :: Free Spirited Discussions :: Spirituality-
Jump to: