Free Spirited Discussions!

This is a forum where free spirited individuals can have their say on a number of important topics related to the world, reality, and existences outside of it. Please remember to keep an open mind!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Unsane CultureUnsane Culture  Persephone's GatewayPersephone's Gateway  The Spiritual CentreThe Spiritual Centre  Culture InternationalCulture International  Free Spirited Chat!Free Spirited Chat!  Herp UniverseHerp Universe  

Share | 

I don't understand politics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Witch
Youngling

PostSubject: I don't understand politics   Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:36 am

when those guys get together they might as well be saying 'lalalalalallallalalallala'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freakshow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:38 am

You just know politicians don't have a single shred of decency unless it ultimately suits them, leads to more money for them etc... So when you hear lalalala they're really thinking £££££££

its me
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:11 pm

everything they do is revolved around money and how much they can claim in expenses for themselves.look at the news right now and the case against tony mcnulty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeckoShinx
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:02 pm

I have to disagree, not all politicians are complete dimwits and a lot of them do help people because it is their job to do so. A lot of politicians got into the field because they want to promote equality, or change, or another firm belief they have. Unfortunately some have seen it is a gateway to lie and cheat their way into money and authority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
its me
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:28 pm

nothing much really ever changes for the better though,only worse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Witch
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:24 am

Shinx wrote:
I have to disagree, not all politicians are complete dimwits and a lot of them do help people because it is their job to do so. A lot of politicians got into the field because they want to promote equality, or change, or another firm belief they have. Unfortunately some have seen it is a gateway to lie and cheat their way into money and authority.
this is very fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freakshow
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:30 am

I don't know, there's too much power to be gained, it could only attract people who think they're powerful enough to manage a country, and power corrupts...

I'm sure the government do do some good, but I can't help thinking its because they have to. They come out with all these promises around election time, why don't they think like that all the time? Why can we only expect a better life if we elect a certain party into power?

I know elections are popularity contests but in my eyes its all flawed...

Witch
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:48 am

I'm noticing that Shinx has green for his/her political beliefs, I think people who work for the Green party are doing it because they care, or one would hope so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeckoShinx
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:01 am

Have you seen the Green Party manifesto? You'd be amazed at what you'd find on there. I'm not a member of the Green Party though. Being a Green is part of something a lot different, but as I'm verging on the middle ground between Green Politics and Ecocentrism I decided it would be easier to put Green lol. Then again though, it would be safe to say that those who are part of the Green party care about the environment just like the Labour party care about the working classes - there's always glitches, which is a shame. I think NGOs and grassroots movements are better to support, although you could argue that the major decisions and power lay with the three main parties in government right now.

I bet I could find something political that you're into Witch Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Witch
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:07 am

GeckoShinx wrote:

I bet I could find something political that you're into Witch Wink
I'm sure you could, but first I think we'd have to define what politics meant as its an umbrella term that covers nearly anything really
EDIT: when I say I don't understand politics I'm saying I don't understand what middle aged men with dandruff shouting at each other on the news are saying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeckoShinx
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:04 am

its me wrote:
nothing much really ever changes for the better though,only worse

^^ Not totally true hun, but it's perfectly okay to be disillusioned with governments

I agree that domestic politics isn't very exciting at times Witch lol!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fiona123
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clara Listensprechen
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:13 am

Facts are unfortunate sometimes, but the unfortunate fact here is that politics runs your government and your government runs what you do and determines what you can't do. Politicians get away with blah blah blah because they know folks usually consider it too painful to learn how to extract the facts from the BS.

But given the power that the politicians you elect have over you because you elect them, it's essential that you don't elect somebody who thinks his snowjob has snookered you in to voting for him successfully. He'll only do it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't understand politics   

Back to top Go down

I don't understand politics
Page 1 of 1