Free Spirited Discussions!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Spirited Discussions!

This is a forum where free spirited individuals can have their say on a number of important topics related to the world, reality, and existences outside of it. Please remember to keep an open mind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Unsane CultureUnsane Culture  Persephone's GatewayPersephone's Gateway  The Spiritual CentreThe Spiritual Centre  Culture InternationalCulture International  Free Spirited Chat!Free Spirited Chat!  Herp UniverseHerp Universe  

Satanism - a few thoughts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

Satanism - a few thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Satanism - a few thoughts   Satanism - a few thoughts EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:17 am

Okay, so far I have read half of the Satanic Bible and have been complete engaged by it - although I wouldn't call myself a Satanist. The important thing to note if you do not understand the concept of Satanism is that it's not the complete worship of the devil and all things sadistic like killing harmless puppies and sacrificing non-baptised babies whilst having sinister group sex. LOL
To me, it's about the acceptance and eager fulfilment of ones basic instincts and desires as a human. It's related to Satan because most - if not all - religions use guilt to control their followers into believing everything that comes naturally - the 7 'deadly' sins - are traits of this so called devil.
When reading about what supposedly true Satanism stands for/promotes/likes/dislikes etc, you are taken in by it purely because it relates to normal and everyday things for most of us, be it lust, love those who would love you back, be kind to those who deserve it, ambition to fill your own needs and desires, indulging and so on. All of this most will relate to.
The philosopher and teacher behind this book and now religion is Anton Szandor LaVey - a truly inspiring man who has shed a lot of light onto the truths and falsities - for those who would hear him out - of Satanism and other religions.
Whilst most of his pages are more of a 'jab in the gut' to other religions and their blatant hypocrisies, and contradictions, to their followers, and each other, it is also to me a wake up call to understanding the true nature of our species. I don't think it has to involve the worship of Satan - more a two finger salute to the religions that created this devil of all things macabre and evil.
On the other hand, whilst these are all good, and quite true thoughts and ideas, he proceeded to turn it into a religion in itself, and he states that to be a Satanist you have to comply to all rules provided in the book, and there is no accepting of other forms of Satanism. So in my eyes that weakens his hold on me as the reader and potential believer, as he himself has turned his thoughts and ideas into the very things what caused him to turn to Satanism in the first place!
The book is very interesting to read but rather than bestow upon one the truths we already live by, it just becomes another religion with no room for ones own thoughts and ideas, only beliefs that cannot, or should not, be moulded to fit your own.

Obviously this is just my take on the subject and it is very open to debate, so I would like to indulge in your views.
Back to top Go down

Satanism - a few thoughts
Page 1 of 1