Free Spirited Discussions!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Spirited Discussions!

This is a forum where free spirited individuals can have their say on a number of important topics related to the world, reality, and existences outside of it. Please remember to keep an open mind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Unsane CultureUnsane Culture  Persephone's GatewayPersephone's Gateway  The Spiritual CentreThe Spiritual Centre  Culture InternationalCulture International  Free Spirited Chat!Free Spirited Chat!  Herp UniverseHerp Universe  

disposing of plastics

Go down 
5 posters

disposing of plastics
land fill
disposing of plastics I_vote_lcap0%disposing of plastics I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
burning
disposing of plastics I_vote_lcap33%disposing of plastics I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
other (please say in thread)
disposing of plastics I_vote_lcap67%disposing of plastics I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Witch
Youngling
Witch

disposing of plastics Empty
PostSubject: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:35 am

if you can't recycle them what's the best way of getting rid of them?
Back to top Go down
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 4:43 pm

My firm belief is to burn them, leaving them on landfill promotes land pollution and the threat to wildlife and biodiversity...plus the stuff doesn't degrade properly or never will.

BUT! I chose 'other' because I was feeling rebellious. I reckon that all non-recyclable plastic should be sent back to the company you bought it from. For example, buy a bottle of Shampoo from Sainsburys and send their non-degradable bottle back to their head office! (or just don't buy it of course). It's a good way of taking a stance, they'd probably just dump it in the bin but it would be them hurting the environment!

But overall I'd say burning, so I have two votes lol - 'other' being the counted one
Back to top Go down
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 4:50 pm

I chose other but since doing so I changed my opinion. So now I'm stuck. Sad

I like what Shinx said about sending them back to the manufacturers though. That would soon get them making friendlier items!
Back to top Go down
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Swami_Dementia wrote:
I chose other but since doing so I changed my opinion. So now I'm stuck. Sad

I like what Shinx said about sending them back to the manufacturers though. That would soon get them making friendlier items!

You can click 'Cancel Vote' underneath the Poll, that's what I did lol!

If enough people did send back to the manufacturers, I'm sure they'd get very upset and soon change lol!!
Back to top Go down
AngelMutley
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:50 pm

That sounds like fun Very Happy

But then, so does burning them Suspect

Maybe we could start a campaign.
Back to top Go down
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:12 pm

AngelMutley wrote:
Maybe we could start a campaign.

Haha it would make the forum famous lolol
Back to top Go down
AngelMutley
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:13 pm

We could burn em in my back garden, it would kill the weeds at the same time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:15 pm

AngelMutley wrote:
We could burn em in my back garden, it would kill the weeds at the same time! Very Happy

Or go to Sainsburys head office and shuv it all through their letter boxes or dump it in the middle of the floor, much funnier
Back to top Go down
AngelMutley
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Oh yeah, thats what the campaign was about wasn't it, I forgot lol!
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:06 pm

wouldnt burning them also cause pollution? i dont really have an answer on this one
Back to top Go down
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Fenrir wrote:
wouldnt burning them also cause pollution? i dont really have an answer on this one

It would with a lot of plastics, so it's a question of which practice is more harmful I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:33 pm

yea thats what i thought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: disposing of plastics   disposing of plastics Empty

Back to top Go down

disposing of plastics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free Spirited Discussions! :: Global Issues :: Environmental Issues-
Jump to: