Free Spirited Discussions!

This is a forum where free spirited individuals can have their say on a number of important topics related to the world, reality, and existences outside of it. Please remember to keep an open mind!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Unsane CultureUnsane Culture  Persephone's GatewayPersephone's Gateway  The Spiritual CentreThe Spiritual Centre  Culture InternationalCulture International  Free Spirited Chat!Free Spirited Chat!  Herp UniverseHerp Universe  

Humans VS The World?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

Humans VS The World? Empty
PostSubject: Humans VS The World?   Humans VS The World? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:55 am

Well humans and animals - even insects - share the same basic characteristics ie eating, sleeping, mating, defending etc Even plants and tree life share some - although they reproduce slightly different and not sure whether they sleep or not lol But - anything that lives i think has a soul - whether its conscious or not is a different matter, and then there's levels of intelligence like memory and ability to think and solve puzzles. Humans are equipped with quite a high state of evolved intelligence - but its unfair and also ignorant to think only human life is sacred. Just because we can destroy the world in the blink of an eye doesn't make us more worthy of life than the creatures and other life-forms we rule over. Because we rule the earth I think we have slowed the evolution of other animals and life because they simply cannot flourish like we have - we control and limit them.

basically it is said that every form of life on this planet serves a positive purpose towards the planet - everything even down to the tiniest ant - probably even smaller beings. Yet Humans do not serve any other purpose than egotistical/ self cantered purposes. We create more problems than we solve.

Sometimes I wonder whether we were supposed to evolve - maybe the human race was a mere accident and that's why we are slowly killing the planet. it simply wasn't ready for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

PostSubject: Re: Humans VS The World?   Humans VS The World? EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:00 pm

I believe that we, the human race, was a biological formulation that may have been an accident. It is this heightened ''intelligence'' which has led the human race to believe they're superior, but why? Who gave the human race such authority? I think the answer to that question lies in religion, what do you think Swami?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Humans VS The World?   Humans VS The World? EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:15 pm

I think religion was altered during medieval times to suit kings and queens in having control over their people. And its not all religions, Paganism promotes all life to be equal, and apparently it has no rules regarding behaviour except 1 - harm none. That covers all life, not just humans. Which I think is right. So, many pagans will be vegetarian I believe. i am already, and can't wait to start reading about it. ^_^

I agree that its the concept of intelligence that makes humans believe they're superior to all other life.

What could be argued is that are we really intelligent? Some Philosophers believe we receive data from our senses, which is the basis of all knowledge. if that is true, then all life could be deemed as intelligent, as most life forms have senses.

So what is it that truly separates us from animals?

I'd say not a lot, we are animals, we always were animals, and probably always will be. And as far as I'm aware, most species of life doesn't work around the clock to fuck over members of the same species. I believe humans are probably the least civil, and most destructive, life form on the planet.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humans VS The World?   Humans VS The World? Empty

Back to top Go down

Humans VS The World?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free Spirited Discussions! :: Free Spirited Discussions :: Nature-
Jump to: