Free Spirited Discussions!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Spirited Discussions!

This is a forum where free spirited individuals can have their say on a number of important topics related to the world, reality, and existences outside of it. Please remember to keep an open mind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Unsane CultureUnsane Culture  Persephone's GatewayPersephone's Gateway  The Spiritual CentreThe Spiritual Centre  Culture InternationalCulture International  Free Spirited Chat!Free Spirited Chat!  Herp UniverseHerp Universe  

A few thoughts about this and that!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

A few thoughts about this and that! Empty
PostSubject: A few thoughts about this and that!   A few thoughts about this and that! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:44 am

To me, Christianity is more of a box to tick on forms for most people who 'follow' the religion. Lets face it, a majority of the people who say they're Christian pretty much break every one of the rules. So Christianity is more of a label, people don't respect it. When I was younger I used to ask my mum or dad what we were and they'd say Christian, but its a load of crap, we've never gone to church, there's no promotion of god in our house at all lol And I guess we 'sin' daily!
Only recently have I picked up books on religions to see what I made of them, and so far, Paganism and Animism are the only ones to come close to what I believe. I was already vegetarian for years before joining the Persophones gateway and hearing about it for the first time yet I know if I read into it, I'll probably be going for that.
With regards to children, I think it's important to try and let them discover their own paths in life, forcing things they don't understand onto them will not get results. If my son ever came to me and asked about something then that would be the chance to help. But, as he's only 3, he likes to make his own rules atm! ^_^
Back to top Go down
its me
Youngling
its me

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts about this and that!   A few thoughts about this and that! EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:30 am

im not a christian but still celebrate christmas.only because of my kids.they know what xmas is about(not just presents lol)and why its celebrated.my eldest has decided to be a christian of her own free will and the other one doesnt care atm.
all a bit complicated when their father is a muslim,or calls himself one.many people follow what they are told,preach but dont practise.its like saying your a vegetarian and eating chicken lol.
Back to top Go down
GeckoShinx
Youngling
GeckoShinx

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts about this and that!   A few thoughts about this and that! EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:31 pm

I think the UK being a predominantly Christian country is what makes people tick the box, they think God is believing in the Christian god and that's it. I get infuriated by people who call themselves Christians and don't have the slightest clue. One example, I have a member of the family who calls herself devotely Catholic, yet she's divorced and only goes to church when she has something to announce to the world, or when her son is due to be married - even better, because she wants her kids to get a good education! There's another member of the family who invited me to her church for her daughter's baptism (as a believer in another religion, I cringed but I went - just to be kind). When I didn't go up to get bread and wine and was the only person left sat down who didn't go to the front, she make a madly snide remark about it like I was a weirdo. Ever since, I've been hugely irritated by such people, but at the end of the day I knew I shouldn't be because they're fooling themselves - not me.

Sorry about the rant lol feel better now!
Back to top Go down
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts about this and that!   A few thoughts about this and that! EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:43 pm

In their defence they have a really tight set of rules to work by lol I couldn't do it, it seems like anything leading to self gratification is outlawed completely punishable by eternal hell.

Seems a bit over the top tbh :\

Satanism had some funny moments for me in the Satanic Bible. it's basically a jab at Christianity, and as a rule, Satanists do not believe in the devil, the ones who do are just generally sadists or what they call devil worshippers. they chose to call it Satanism because it represented all the things that Christianity and Catholicism preach are evil things.

And its true, followers of them religions cannot act on any natural, primal instinct without being made to feel guilty and being made to repent. Loooool
Back to top Go down
fiona123
Youngling

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts about this and that!   A few thoughts about this and that! EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts about this and that!   A few thoughts about this and that! Empty

Back to top Go down

A few thoughts about this and that!
Page 1 of 1